The practice premises are open from 08:00 – 18:30 Monday – Friday.
There is a room next to the main reception desk where patients or visitors can speak to a member of staff in confidence. Please ask at reception.
GP and Nurse Consulting Hours
Please note these days/times may change depending on training, meetings, leave or commitments outside of the surgery.
View the current consultations timetable of our GPs and Nurses here : GP and Nurse Surgeries
Telephone Lines are open as follows:
- 08:00 – 18.30 Emergencies, making appointments, obtaining results and general enquiries
On one day each month the lines will be closed from 12:30 – 14:00 for staff training. During this time, the emergency line is still operational.
Blackthorn Health Centre offer routine extended hours appointments with GPs, nurses and healthcare assistants.
- Every Monday 18:30 – 20:00 (GP & Nurse)
- Every Tuesday 07:30 – 08:00 (GP Only)
- Alternate Tuesdays 07:30 – 08:00 (Healthcare Assistant)
- Every Friday 07:30 – 08:00 (GP Only)
- Alternate Fridays 07:30 – 08:00 (Healthcare Assistant)
- Alternate Saturdays 08:00 – 10:00 (GP only)
- Alternate Saturdays 08:00 - 12pm (Phlebotomist)
You are able to make/cancel/attend booked appointments, obtain test results and collect prescriptions from the surgery during extended hours time.
Please note extended hours are for pre-booked routine appointments only. Extended Hours do not include emergency appointments. Patients with a genuine emergency will need to contact the out of hours service NHS 111.
If your problem is more urgent than the next routine appointment, we ask patients to use our WebGP service. For more information, click HERE.